Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
Implications for nursing practice
▪ Practice nurses (PNs) following protocols provide as effective care for patients with type 2 diabetes as general practitioners (GPs).
▪ Patients are more satisfied with PNs helping them with diabetes management compared with GPs.
Implications for nursing research
▪ Further large-scale studies need to be conducted to trial models of care delivered by PNs in this context as well as more generally.
▪ Economic analyses need to be performed to ascertain the comparative cost-effectiveness of the two models of care.
▪ Qualitative and observational studies would provide further …
Competing interests None.