Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.
List the implications for nursing practice of this research
▪ Allows the identification of patients at risk for postoperative ileus (POI).
▪ Predictive information combined with evidence from the WHO provides guidelines to prevent POI.
▪ Improved preventive care can decrease the cost and length of hospital stays.
▪ Nurses can advocate for preventive measures even though they do not have prescriptive authority.
List the implications for nursing research in the light of this study
▪ Nurses can translate this information into their standard of care.
▪ Inspires nurses to get involved in the research process in …
Competing interests None.