Statistics from Altmetric.com
Implications for practice and research
▪ Nurses and midwives who provide postnatal care need to receive training in identification and psychological intervention methods to prevent depression.
▪ They will need to provide more visits to all mothers within the first 12-month postdelivery.
▪ Further randomised controlled trials (RCTs) in this area should utilise midwives/health visitors (HVs) as the administrators of the intervention.
▪ They should also seek control for the increased number of contacts associated with interventions of this nature.
▪ There is a need for further RCTs in postnatal care to disentangle the effects of perceived support, the therapeutic relationship and the psychological intervention.
Approximately 13% of mothers …
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.