Statistics from Altmetric.com
Implications for nursing practice
▪ Structured approaches that enable nursing staff to consider the culture of care they work within are likely to support reflection, critical discussion and improved quality of care.
▪ The physical and psychosocial care environment, characteristics of the nursing work and nursing staff, influence the well-being of people with dementia.
Implications for research
▪ Understanding how organisational culture can influence the quality of care is an important topic for nursing research.
▪ How the culture of care affects residents' quality of life and health outcomes needs further research.
▪ Intervention studies in care homes need to consider how to assess organisational context and culture and how different cultural contexts influence outcomes.
As the population ages and more people require long-term care, how the culture of a nursing home influences care is an important question. The values and beliefs of practitioners have been repeatedly identified as, and linked to, how person-centred care for people with dementia is defined, understood and provided.1 …
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.