Statistics from Altmetric.com
Implications for nursing practice
▪ Music listening may engage and stimulate older adults and increase interest in activities.
▪ Music listening may increase relaxation and reduce feelings of anxiety in older adults.
▪ Music listening may increase physical as well as mental functioning in older adults.
▪ Music listening is a non-invasive safe way that may improve the quality of life in older adults.
▪ Patient musical preference plays a role in the ability of music to improve quality of life.
Implications for nursing research
▪ Music listening should be studied with a larger sample of older adults and in those of different cultures.
▪ Studies that use music listening daily, rather than weekly, to further understand the cumulative effects of music listening on quality of life in older adults should be undertaken.
▪ The effects of music listening on physical function in older adults with disabilities and comorbid diseases should be …
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.