Statistics from Altmetric.com
Implications for practice and research
▪ The major role that mental health nurses have in conducting self-harm assessments, including risk assessment and planning care pathways, should continue.
▪ There are differences between nurses and psychiatrists in the judgements regarding the management of a client who is at risk of self-harm repetition.
▪ Research is required to understand the reasons for the differences in clinical management.
▪ It may be that these differences relate more towards how novice or expert the clinician is, rather than their disciplinary base (whether nurse or doctor).
▪ If differences are due to expertise, then clinicians could benefit from a shared approach to education on …
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.